Whether you are a real estate agent, a home owner looking to sell a property, or a professional or amateur real estate photographer, the importance of taking well-exposed and composed photographs cannot be understated.
Sometimes shadows can be a nuisance to real estate photographs, producing unnecessary distraction to them. Though it may not always be possible to eliminate the shadow at the time of clicking the picture, digital photo editing options can effectively remove them and give the photograph an instant refreshed look. Whether it is an indoor photograph of rooms and spaces or an outdoor photograph of the entire building, photo editing tools can remove shadows from any object.
Lighting is the primary aspect of photography. Outdoor lighting, when done correctly, can bring about dramatic effects that can be equally flattering as studio lighting. The time of the day is crucial for real estate photography. Generally, dawn and dusk are known to offer the best setup for natural lighting because there can be harsh overhead lighting during midday. As with many other manipulative techniques in digital photo editing, the right editing tools at hand can improve many things in a photograph. Most photo editing software will have a highlight or shadow tool for removing shadows.
Here are a few tips on how to avoid shadows while photographing real estate property:
• Ensure the home or building is well-lighted and devoid of stark shadows.
• Try shooting on a day when the sky is blue and clouds are present.
• Shoot when clouds cover the sun so the light is diffused and dark shadows become minimally noticeable.
• Overcast, bright days can also be good for outside shots.
• Bright but overcast days work best for shooting interiors.
• Even if you are using a flash, get the room lighted well.
• Combine natural and artificial lighting and adjust the white balance accordingly.
Though a number of paid and free software are available for removing shadows, it is also essential that the process does not bring an artificial look to the photographs. If you are looking for a quick and efficient real estate photo editing job to boost the listing, get in touch with a professional.